The goal of this CE course is for the competencies discussed to serve as a resource and provide a framework for how counseling and other helping professionals can competently and effectively work with and advocate for members of the multiracial population, including interracial couples, multiracial families, multiracial individuals, and transracial adoptees and families.
Article Author: Dr. Kelley R. Kenney, Dr. Mark E. Kenney
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Summarize counseling competencies for working with and advocating for members of the multiracial population including interracial couples, multiracial families, and multiracial individuals, and transracial adoptees and families.
2. Discuss ways in which multiracial individuals, families and couples may face biased environmental systems and deal with stressors associated with negative encounters that are rooted in racism.
3. Describe steps counselors can take to maintain professional orientation and ethical practice when working with those who are multiracial.
4. Identify specific strategies that counselors may use with multiracial populations to promote human growth and development, social and cultural diversity, and career development.
5. Provide an overview of transracial adoption, including its history, ethical concerns, and counseling competencies for working with transracial adoptees.
All courses are available in-person or for distance learning through Zoom.
Before purchasing email Marty@pctcoach.com to schedule an in-person or zoom meeting time.
Person Centered Coaching & Consultation Group, provider #141608, is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’S, LCSW’s, LPCC’s and LEP’s. Person Centered Coaching & Consultation Group maintains responsibility for the program and all its content.
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCC’s and LEP’s as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Copyright © 2020 Person Consulting Group - All Rights Reserved.